12.15.2011

I'VE CAVED TO SOCIAL PRESSURE

If you know me, you know that I hate cell/mobile phones and think they are basically not necessary. And for many of the past 10-15 years since they have become popular and then basically necessary, I have resisted the pressure to get one--there was that one brief blip when living overseas. Now all these years later, I have caved. Not only have I caved, but I have caved so thoroughly that if my house was on fire the one thing I would grab is my mobile. So this is the lovely model that I purchased:


Mind you, I'm not grabbing it for my ability to stay in touch or be in touch via phone or text--hardly use or bother with those. No, the reason I can't live without it is the aps!. Instagram, Goodreads, Lose It!, Pinterest, LDS Tools and Library, Score Mobile, Mint.com, Ted, and don't even get me started on the google maps ap that is so beyond cool for my travel missing self. Sigh, I really don't know what has become of me, but please don't try to separate me from my mobile these days.

2 comments:

Janssen said...

Oh my, I resisted a smart phone for ages, but now I love love love my iPhone. And it's not even a new one (3Gs).

Natalie said...

Last year my husband got us Android phones on some deal where they basically gave us the phone for free. Of course, we still pay far too much (in my opinion, anyway) for the "plan". I thought it was unnecessary and extravagant at the time. BUT I have fallen in loooove with the thing. It is also the first thing I would save in a fire-besides my family, of course, but really, most of them can walk on their own, so they can save themselves! I know what you mean though, it's all about the apps-I hardly ever talk on the thing. I mean, who has time? I have Angry Birds to take care of and pictures to take, and faces to book! I have everything I need at my fingertips! (besides ACTUAL human contact :) Speaking of smart phones...I need to go charge mine now!