6.04.2008

Blog Slacking

So I've been a total slacker when it comes to blogging (I haven't even been on the Internet this week--which is totally liberating) but I have been doing some other good things such as:

I am nearly packed for my Boston vacation (which doesn't even start until Saturday). I usually wait until about 11 pm the night before I fly to do my packing which is just stressful and horrible so I decided to be good this time around--I think now I have gone a bit overboard on being prepared.

I am nearly finished reading Gilead which is a really, really well written book but has been a bit difficult to get into. I've found the last 200 pages of the book to be much more interesting and easy on my eyes. I also read Prisoner of Birth by Jeffery Archer and highly recommend that as a good beach read.

My afghan is coming along but is a bit more difficult to finish off than I thought it would be, but it was confirmed to me by our crochet group leader that it is a bit difficult to finish to I don't feel so bad.

I am nearly done organizing the Boston trip (I still need to input all of our Dunkin' Donuts preferences--very, very important).

And, my room is clean!!! The bed isn't made but the room is clean.

2 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Oo. . . . I've met so few people who actually made it through Gilead. I really loved it, and I think it would be an awesome book club choice, but it is certainly not easy. For all its subtlety, it really is an issues book: generation gap, parenting, racism, pacificsm, war, religion. You name it, Gilead has got it. The problem is that the story is not very cohesive because of the letter-format. You really have to read the whole thing before you can piece together any kind of chronology of events. Reading it is a bit like reading the book of Moroni, "This might be my last entry, so this is the most important thing I have to say . . . "

Courtney said...

I finally made it through Gilead and really did end up enjoying it. I too thought it would make a great book club choice but I am certain my book club wouldn't make it through it. I was especially interested in the things he said about coveting--I didn't even realize it until reading the book but I totally covet the relationships and family situations of others.