7.15.2008

Sweater Days of Summer

Today I decided to wear a sweater. Not because it cooled off. Not because I needed to look nice and I thought my sweater would be just perfect. And not because I love sweaters (though I do). No, I "decided" to wear a sweater today because I have no clean clothes. I couldn't really explain to you why it is that I have no clean clothes. I mean it isn't as though I have to drag my clothes down to Utah Lake, scrub them with lye soap, and bash them against a rock before dragging them back home, putting them up on a line to dry, and then iron every single piece of cloth that I washed. I have it really easy. Still, I tend to run out of clean clothes on a regular basis. My pioneer ancestors must be hanging their heads in shame.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I HATE doing laundry!

Janel said...

I think it runs in the family because I HATE doing laundry also. I can't wait for the zoo it's going to be so much fun.

Kimberly said...

I completely understand :)

Denise said...

I have gotten into the habit of doing a load of laundry every day and it works good for me. I also have 2 monsters that go through 2-3outfits per day!

You’re going to the zoo? Is that for the family reunion or on your own? I am so jealous!

N.F. said...

HAHA! I am doing laundry right now as I type this comment!

goddessdivine said...

Laundry is a necessary evil.

Don't worry....I'm sure my ancestors are convinced it was a good thing I was born at this time and not theirs.