3.10.2011

What They Say Is True

You know how THEY always say that drinking water is good for your skin? And how I have really, really terrible skin. And how, even though I have often heard the advice about water being good for my skin, I have never really tried it out (or at least not for a long enough period of time to count)--cause I am a really terrible water drinker. Well, it turns out they were right: water is really good for my skin. Not, like, good enough to take a picture and post it or anything (cause I still have terrible skin--just not really, really terrible skin) but last night, as I was washing my face, I noticed that my skin does look remarkable so much better than it normally does--except that patch under my nose that is currently red and raw from the amount of tissues I have been forced to use of late.

And to add to my triumph: I only add to arise from bed once last night to visit the bathroom!!!

I know they are small, insignificant joys, but they are my small, insignificant joys.

3 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I always say I'm going to do this. I never do. Maybe you have renewed my commitment.

I have struggled with bad skin for 20 years. I have finally found two things that work: birth control and a Clearasil product that is called Daily Cleanser. (I'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide and a lot of face products have it in them.) I rub it in with a body scrubby, pretty hard. I know that you aren't supposed to be aggressive on your face, but I get such a build of up dead skin that I can feel in on my face. Yuck. I then use an Avon moisturizer that actually works better than a product I spent nearly $50 on. I still get periodic breakouts and am a bit OCD when it comes to touching/picking at my face when I read, but the above helps. If I get a bad patch, neosporin actually works petty well.

I know you didn't ask for advice . . . sorry if I overstepped.

Unknown said...

You revel in your joy!
And continue to enjoy your agua.
xo

Courtney said...

Science Teacher Mommy--thanks for the advice. I've been thinking of changing my moisturizer as mine has been irritating my skin of late so I'll have to look into Avon. And I hadn't even thought of neosporin. Thanks.