1.27.2010

New Temple in Utah

The LDS Church announced a couple of days ago that they would be building a new temple in Utah--in Payson to be exact. This will bring the total number of temples in Utah County to 3. The write up in the Deseret News following the announcement included this little gem of information:

"Some temple-going members have been driving to Provo, some 14 miles away..."

So my question (to those of you who are LDS and have real drives (or airline trips) to make) is this:

Do you hate us?

To be fair I'm pretty sure that driving distance did not factor into the Church's decision to build a temple in Payson--I understand that the Provo temple is one of the busiest in the world and they are simply trying to lighten the load.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I wonder the same thing. I feel pretty guilty when I think about how easy we have it. I need to go more than I do to show my gratitude.

Anonymous said...

Well I agree but I think the post should acquire more info then it has.