11.01.2007

Tick or Treat

Happy Day-After Halloween

I had a wonderful Halloween and hope you did as well. The weather was so great! This year one of my sisters took over the cooking responsibilities and made a fabulous (and very hot) chili. She has a great recipe for veggie chili with a twist that adds things like potatoes. It really made it a fun new flavor for all of us (did I say it was hot? cause it was hot). We also had some lovely crusty bread to go along with it. I was in charge of the drinks and went with the classic standby of milk which I then turned into ghosts. Then two of the nieces took the neighborhood by storm with their oh, so cute costumes. They were ready to hit the road far before their parents were. We didn't have too many trick or treaters so we have a ton of candy--still trying to decide if that is a good thing or not. Below you'll find a few pictures of the fun.







Now, on a completely different point that I had promised not to bring up again until after Thanksgiving--A certain local radio station is playing Christmas music. And they are not just playing a few Christmas songs scattered in their mix; It is all Christmas music. I made the discovery this morning while I was driving to work and my first response was one of great indignation: It is not Christmas! I like Thanksging! It is a perfectly good holiday to celebrate! But, then I didn't change the channel.

2 comments:

Denise said...

It is post's like this that make me want to live close!!! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun on Halloween. The chili looks soo good and what a cute idea for the cups!!! I might have to steal that idea next year :0 The girls are too cute!! Did anyone else dress up? Did Eliza say "trick or treat", please or thank you? Lexi would say "dank do" before they would give her candy!

Courtney said...

Ammon dressed up as a pirate for work (his workplace has this whole competition and everyone dresses up--they even made the news). I don't think Eliza said anything at any of the houses. She thought she was just out for a walk and seemed more interested in moving on to the rest of her walk than trick or treating. She gets the idea of candy in her halloween basket now though.