8.18.2008

It's Rigged

It is totally and completely rigged. How else do you explain a Chinese gymnast falling on a vault last night and still getting a bronze medal? And let's not even get into the rest of the completely ridiculous scores others on the Chinese team have been getting despite series of mistakes. I am completely dispirited by the whole thing and even turned off the T.V. coverage early last night because I found myself no longer caring (and that coming from a formerly die-hard Olympic fan). And this is not just the rant of a poor loser because I am completely satisfied with the results of the women's floor--yes I think Shawn deserved to win but at least the girl who did win put in a strong performance. Sadly, I doubt anyone as the backbone to really investigate what is going on.

So now apart from a few events (men's indoor volleyball, and all of the outdoor volleyball) I am finding that I don't even really care about the rest of the Olympic coverage--of course I will still watch it a bit and hope for good outcomes for U.S. athletes--and can safely say this is one of the most disappointing Olympics that I have ever watched--funny how 1 part can change how you feel about the whole. Even the opening ceremonies have been tainted for me since finding out that the cute little girl singing a solo during the ceremonies was lip syncing because the face behind the real voice was deemed by Chinese officials to not be cute enough and that some of the ceremonies never actually happened but were digitally created.

Fortunately for me when I get mad I clean so last night was spent in some very productive cleaning and organizing. One of the things that I did was rearrange just a bit and found that I just didn't have a spot for a trash can in my bedroom. So now I'm wondering if that is bad feng shui--I know having a trash can in certain parts of your house is bad but does not having one in a room somehow prevent bad chi from leaving? What I need is a definitive easy guide to feng shui. Sadly that is not what I have been able to find on the Internet.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

I am so with you! I thought it was way lame that the chinese girl got a medal for her performance. totally rigged. how are you by the way???

Denise said...

Amen Sister! I am very disappointed in the judges and the irregular numbers they are awarding. I feel bad for the US gymnast's, actually all of the gymnast. They do not have a clue what numbers to expect. I thought it was all in my head because I favor the US, good to know I am not the only one thinking this. I doubt anything will be done, sadly. When in China, China will be favored.

Natalie said...

Courtney-
Allyson is in town this weekend and we thought if we can get together that would be fun. I realized that this blog is the only way I know how to get in touch with you for sure. Email me at this address-nat_jcksn@hotmail.com and we can see if it is possible to get together!

Allyson said...

If you thought that was rigged then you must be boiling mad over last nights uneven bars. USA was totally ripped off. GRRRRR!

I second Natalie's request! Hope to see you!

Courtney said...

I was warned ahead of the uneven bars event so I knew what was going to happen and didn't even watch. I'm interested in watching tonight to see what the commentators and coaches, etc. have to say about everything that is going on now that they have had a day to let it digest.