8.08.2008

Super Cool Olympic Party

I had dinner with MBC last night and she told me about the coolest Olympic party idea ever (I hope you will be doing a recap of how it goes MBC and that you don't mind me stealing and posting the idea). A friend of hers is throwing a party during the opening ceremonies and serving various foods from different countries. The idea is that as each country comes onto the field they will eat something from their country and cheer them on. How cool is that? I am sad that I didn't hear about this idea sooner so that I could have put on a similar party. I don't know exactly how MBC's friend's party will work but my idea would be to ask each guest to bring some finger food from a pre-assigned country (I like the whole idea of delegation). It is too bad that in the spirit of international community and sportsmanship that the athletes all come in together during the closing ceremonies instead of as countries cause then I could throw the party in two weeks, but I am totally doing this party for the 2010 Vancouver Olympics (had to Google that cause I had absolutely no idea who had the next Olympics--for shame). That will actually work out really well because up to this point my family's idea of an Olympic party is to get take out from our local Chinese restaurant (or Greek when it was in Athens, etc) but what kind of take out would you get for Vancouver?

I just checked and MBC wrote about this idea 18 hours ago. Go here to read.

7 comments:

Janel said...

That is a fun idea for an Olympics pary.

N.F. said...

Wow, that DOES sound cool! I wish I had friends like that!

Natalie said...

Sounds fun-my husband makes a mean German dinner. Yum! I think any reason to get together and eat foreign food is a good one.

Allyson said...

Do German pancakes count???

Science Teacher Mommy said...

It IS cool, except that it took approximately 18 hours to bring in all the countries and each country was shown for like 4.2 seconds. I like the internation theme idea, but logisitcally, well, I'd like to know how it REALLY went.

MBC said...

We didn't eat food from every country, just a country (or 3 or 4) from each area of the world, so we had about 20 foods spread over 3 hours. Looking forward to the next food really makes the long procession go faster. Very fun. I highly recommend it!

Jen said...

Sounds like a really fun party! I love the Olympics.