11.16.2009

Clutter Be Gone

I was chatting with a couple of my sisters yesterday when the topic turned to home decor and what we like. The sisters gave their input then asked me what I like. My response: a combination of modern and antique. One of my sister's was incredulous at the existence of such a combination but the other sister backed me up. As further proof I suggested a visit to Stephmodo's vacation home in France: La Masionnette (sadly only via blog and not in person at the present moment). I love the combination of stainless steel light fixtures over an old wooden table. I love the sleek modern fixtures/appliances set against an exposed brick or rock wall. I love the clean, simple, crisp, white linens put on a bed with a chipped wooden headboard. Sadly all these things are currently out of my budget.

On further thought I added that one of the things I truly love and desire in home decor is a clean, uncluttered space. This is within my budget! This does not, however, currently describe my living space. At first I mused that this might be a good New Year's resolution (these have been on my mind lately) but then I thought it is slightly ridiculous to put this off for at least another 2 months when I can begin now.

So now it begins. This week is going to be a week of major decluttering.

I'm really quite excited.

6 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I love the look of Stephmondo too. But honestly. WHO LIVES LIKE THAT???

susette said...

Moving is a great way to declutter also :) HA!! I'm up to my eaRS in a mess!

Jen said...

I really love your decorating style. And I love the no clutter concept. I say concept because I can't seem to ever make it last past a day or two.

Yankee Girl said...

Seeing the pictures, though, always makes me believe that other people really do live like that and that I can to if only I could master a bit of self control.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

China and Russia put the blame on some screwed up experiments of US for the earthquake that happened in Haiti.
Chinese and Russian Military scientists, these reports say, are concurring with Canadian researcher, and former Asia-Pacific Bureau Chief of Forbes Magazine, Benjamin Fulford, who in a very disturbing video released from his Japanese offices to the American public, details how the United States attacked China by the firing of a 90 Million Volt Shockwave from the Americans High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) facilities in Alaska
If we can recollect a previous news when US blamed Russia for the earthquake in Georgio. What do you guys think? Is it really possible to create an earthquake by humans?
I came across this [url=http://universalages.com/hot-news/what-happened-in-haiti-is-it-related-to-haarp/]article about Haiti Earthquake[/url] in some blog it seems very interesting, but conspiracy theories have always been there.