12.05.2008

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas


Saw this fabulous movie a couple of nights ago and highly recommend it. It is the story of a young boy and his family who live near a concentration camp and provides an interesting look at differing reactions to lies and life at that time. It is a good thinking movie and you will find yourself asking how you would have reacted given the dangerously real circumstances of Nazi Germany. Would I have been brave enough? Hard to say. Hindsight makes me want to say yes. And yet, how many genocides have occurred since then and continue to occur now with my knowledge. How brave would I have been with a Nazi soldier screaming in my face?

Before you should go, however, you should know that it is a rather emotionally intense film--being about the Holocaust and all.

2 comments:

Denise said...

I have never heard of this movie. I will have to put it on my huge list of movies to see! I don't think I will get to go to the movies in a while! I am accepting that I need to wait until they come out to rent :)

N.F. said...

I haven't heard of it either...hmm. It sounds like a very good movie.