12.03.2008

Temple Square Lights


The Young Women went up to Temple Square for dinner, a movie (the Joseph Smith one), and to see the lights. I thought it might have been a good time to get to know the girls a little bit more, but the girls had different plans like avoiding the leaders. It was perfect weather, though, and the lights were beautiful. Did I tell you that I taught my first Young Women lesson a couple of Sundays ago? I did. It was a train wreck. Really, it was. This is what I've learned: teaching nursery and teaching young women...not so different. I teach again on Sunday. Hopefully it will go better.

4 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Just help them feel the spirit and then identify it. You'll be awesome.

Courtney said...

Thank you Science Teacher Mommy. Thank you.

Denise said...

You are very right about YW and nursery being the same! You have to get there attention and use them frequently to keep them attentive. I feel I was just barley getting in with my YW and then I was released! I was in for a year and a half! Give it time and the girls will connect with you. Good luck on your next lesson.

Kimberly said...

So true. :)