12.02.2008

Saw this on Science Teacher Mommy (whose review of Australia is very good and should be read before you go see the movie). It's called Wordle and "is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like. You can print them out, or save them to the Wordle gallery to share with your friends."

Here is mine (It doesn't search your entire blog just what shows up on your blog's homepage so you can do it over and over again to see what themes you are writing about. I love that Hugh Jackman and the Temple both show up as being prominent--I think that shows that I am very balanced ;) )

Click on it to see it a bit better.

7 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I'd love to make one of some awesome poem or book passage and turn it into a tee shirt.

Mine was created after a discussion about sex in novels by LDS authors. So I got a combo of "sex, LDS, Darcy and Austen" nice. And, wordle, it has to be said, is rather addictive.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

PS Thanks for the shoutout on your blog. I feel pseudo-famous for a minute.

Natalie said...

great-more time-wasters! I love it!

Denise said...

Very fun, I will have to try this.

Jen said...

Very cool. I like it. I like the balance you have in your life. Wordle says it all!

Courtney said...

STM--oohh fabulous idea about doing a poem or passage from a book.

Natalie said...

ok-I have been playing with Wordle since I read your post yesterday. It is so fun! I think I am going to use it to make personalized Christmas gifts for family. I am thinking of words that describe them, making a wordle, printing it on nice photo paper, then getting a cute frame for it! Thanks for making my Christmas a little easier (and cheaper:)!