3.17.2009

Happy St. P's Day

When living in N. Ireland any LDS church sponsored dances I attended inevitably included the playing of a song titled "Tell Me Ma" about a pretty girl in Belfast. During the playing of this song EVERYONE would gather in groups throughout the room hold hands and proceed to dance in and out, back and forth in a circle breaking occasionally so that the Irish step dancers in the group could enter the circle and show of their moves. Even though I personally don't really like dancing, I do miss dances in Belfast for this reason. So here it is "Tell Me Ma" by the Sham Rocks.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Gotta love any video with baton twirlers! What a fun song!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I really want to learn Irish dancing. I think it looks like so much fun and a great workout.

MBC said...

I like it. And I now feel that I have appropriately paid homage to St. Patrick and his people on this, his special day.

Unknown said...

LOVED this video! The chaos of the whole thing reminds me of my house (minus the ale) and I'm a sucker for some good fiddlin'... but Elvis? He lives over there, too?
It had it all. Wild.