3.21.2009

Top 5 Things I Didn't Plan on Doing this Morning at 3 a.m.

Number Five: Share a bed with a two year old.

Number Four: Tickle the back of a two year old.

Number Three: Refill the sippy cup of a two year old.

Number Two: Pop popcorn for a two year old.

And Number One: Watch Mulan with a two year old.

Good thing I got a cute little nephew for all my trouble. I'm pretty sure someone told me all the details but in my lack-of-sleep stupor I don't quite remember them all. I think they are about as follows:

Born: This morning at 4:20 am

Weight: 6 pounds something

Height: 19 inches or so

Hair: Dark and lots of it.


Mom and baby are doing great. Pictures to come.

7 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Oo. . . next time you are up at 3 am, you should give me a call. I'm always up doing papers at that time. I mean, if you knew my number and we weren't actually total strangers. :)

Amanda said...

We are frequently up around 3 am. Each of my kids has gone through a phase where they wake up in the middle of the night and will positively die if they don't get _________. For Camille, it was a banana and peanut butter. I can't remember what Caleb wanted, but now Chloe's going through that too. "Bread. Cheese. Milk." Nothing better at 3 am, except maybe popcorn and a movie!

Congratulations on becoming an auntie again!

Unknown said...

What a great aunt you are. Run and treat yourself to something luxurious.

Natalie said...

I love the details "6lbs somthing, 19 in. or so..." Sad thing is, if someone asks me the details of my own kids births this is usually the answer that i come up with! I can't remember anything to save my life! Maybe it is as a result of the many nights I have spent up with a two year old similar to the one that you described!

chosha said...

As unexpected events go, that's a pretty cool one.

Natalie said...

Yay! Congrats to you!! That is exciting. I miss you!

Jen said...

What a good aunt you are! I don't think I'd have it in me to pop popcorn and watch a movie at 3 in the morning. I'm excited to see pictures! (hint, hint!)