7.22.2009

Staycations

In our lovely economic climate we have all heard about the new hot thing in vacation planning: The Staycation. This is where you stay put (or don't travel far) and take advantage of the fabulous things in your own neighborhoods, cities, or area--those things that you always think you need to go see/do but never seem to get around to it (for me it is visiting Timpanogos Cave--never done it). Well for those of you who are nearby, here is a gentle reminder/idea for your September staycation:

This year is the 20th anniversary of the Timpanogos Storytelling Festival and so they have created a truly incredible lineup of tellers and events. If you have never been this is definitely the year to come.

Date: September 5-7, 2009
Time: Both day and evening events; see website for further information
Place: MT. Timpanogos Park (up Provo canyon)


Let me know if you need some direction on who to see and I will steer you in the direction of the very best (in my humble opinion) of the best.

Also, although I've said it before I'll say it again: this is not story time at your local library. People of all ages will thoroughly enjoy this type of storytelling. In fact, I think children probably often don't fully appreciate the stories--although they are of course fully family friendly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds SO great... I'll pass the link around to some of my more local friends. I LOVE to hear a talented yarn spinner!

Denise said...

Wish I could go! I have never been to Timpanogos Cave as well, crazy!