9.15.2010

A Conversation

4 Year Old Niece: Who are you going to marry?

Me: I don't know. Who do you think I should marry?

(Much Thought)

4 Year Old Niece: You can marry Peter Pan.

I was feeling really rather good at the end of this conversation. You see, my 4 year old niece has been in love with Peter Pan for sometime now. In fact, she had staked him out for her own future husband. In that light, her magnanimous offer of him to me was just about the sweetest thing I could imagine. Then (yes, there is a then) I found out yesterday that she was willing to give him up to me only because she has a new boyfriend at preschool who she smiles at when he helps her put away her toys.

So not only am I getting my 4 year old nieces cast offs, but she also has a better love life than me!

No comments: