9.16.2010

Ted

(I interrupt my reasonably excellent streak of blogging to give you an purely informational post that I can throw together very quickly and then retire to nurse my rather unfortunately timed head cold.)

Have you heard about Ted? I absolutely love Ted. It is my new way of wasting spending time on the Internet. What (yes, what not who 'cause, as we found out in my last post, I am now engaged to Peter Pan) it is is a collection of short (usually around 18 minutes) lectures given by a huge variety of experts. For example there is this rather funny (and yet really rather thought provoking) bit on "creating an education system that nurtures":




Or this fabulous one that comes with this description: Jill Bolte Taylor got a research opportunity few brain scientists would wish for: She had a massive stroke, and watched as her brain functions -- motion, speech, self-awareness -- shut down one by one. An astonishing story.




If none of these thrill you, you can also watch Malcolm Gladwell wax eloquent on Spaghetti Sauce or the many, many more options that are both informative and entertaining. Visit Ted here.

Now if you will please excuse me, I am going to go lay down whilst attempting to continue breathing.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I've just read back through the post and discovered an unfortunate over usage of the word "rather." Please forgive me my British aspirations and just chalk it up to a very foggy (a London fog apparently) head.