12.05.2007

Confessions of a Complete Failure

So, I've pretty much finished up my Christmas shopping. I will probably need to come up with a few extra gifts (just in case)--maybe some plates of cookies, but otherwise I am done. I still have the whole Christmas card thing to settle. I've always been pretty bad about sending them out, but I'm going to try harder this year. I've just figured out the menus for our Christmas Eve dinner and our Christmas Eve buffet (really looking forward to that). But I have just realized that I am a complete failure in the whole get into the Christmas spirit. I haven't attended a single Christmas concert or event and have no current plans to do so. I haven't watched a single Christmas TV special or movie in its entirety (I saw bits of A Very Shrek Christmas and Rudolph). I decided against going to the work Christmas party since those are just not fun to got to when you don't have a significant other and everyone else does. I haven't had any Christmas candy or cookies. And perhaps the most embarrassing, I haven't listened to any Christmas music (hangs head in shame). I intend to rectify the lack of Christmas music in my life today, but still I need a few more suggestions on how to get in the spirit.
I did make a rather sad snowman with my niece Ellie. Still I suppose it counts for some spirit.

5 comments:

Denise said...

If I lived in Utah I would go see the lights at Temple Square and maybe do the festival of trees. Vicki will paint your fingernails there! I have the Santa Claus cookies you make as well. That is our tradition to make those cookies for Santa each year. Fun and yummy! Stacy has the recipe...it will get you into the spirit!

Courtney said...

Vicki will do what?

I think I'll try making the cookies this weekend. That is a good activity to get me in the spirit.

Natalie said...

If you have all your christmas shopping done then I think that gives you an automatic bump on the "Christmas spirit" meter. Just think, now you have the whole rest of the month to get in the spirit! Wish I were in your shoes, we're close but haven't bought Brooklyn a thing yet! At least she won't remember what we do or don't get her!

Courtney said...

That's the beauty of having a one year old.

Courtney said...

I came home from work today to find the snowman decapitated!