12.03.2007

Too Early for Chocolate?

I know there is a definite idea around when it is appropriate to drink alcohol and when it is too early, but I am wondering if there are similar restrictions concerning chocolate (or candy in general). I've been at work for an entire hour now (since 7am) and have a small stash, in this case, of Reece's Pieces (I left the good British chocolate that I recently got in the mail home in anticipation of soon being completely recovered from the flu and being able to enjoy said British chocolate fully) and I just can't decide if it is too early to start digging in. There is a large part of me that keeps saying: yes, it is too early; chocolate is not a breakfast food; and I have recently brushed my teeth and should let the effects of the toothpaste sink in a little more before taking specific steps to destroy my teeth. But then there is a small part of me that says: chocolate (and by default candy) is actually one of the main food groups and therefore can and should be eaten as opportunity arises despite time of day. What say you?

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Never too early for chocolate. never.

Denise said...

Eat it!!! You deserve it! I think it is too early for my kids to eat candy...but not me :)

Courtney said...

I decided to hold of until 10am as a good compromise between chocolate is not a breakfast food and it is never too early to eat chocolate.