10.21.2008

Pastel on Board

I so love this painting (or pastel on board) that was featured with other works of art in this month's Ensign. I wonder if I could get it as a print at the Church's Museum of Art?
I’ll Never Forsake; pastel on board

After a mob killed her husband and 10-year-old son and wounded her 7-year-old son on October 30, 1838, at Haun’s Mill, Missouri, Amanda Smith prayed aloud in a cornfield. She said, “It was the temple of the Lord to me at that moment. I prayed aloud and most fervently.

“When I emerged from the corn a voice spoke to me. It was a voice as plain as I ever heard one. It was no silent, strong impression of the spirit, but a voice, repeating a verse of the Saints’ hymn: ‘… That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake, I’ll never, no never, no never forsake!’

“From that moment I had no more fear. I felt that nothing could hurt me” (in Church History in the Fulness of Times, 2nd ed. [Church Educational System manual, 2003], 204).

4 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, that's awesome! I'm going to be in S.L. this weekend. Want me to check?

Courtney said...

Yes, please. Thanks

Jen said...

I'm a disappointment. They were closed by the time we got there. Sorry.

Kimberly said...

Oh! I would love a print of that as well. Let me know if you find it. It is a beautiful piece of art.

Also, I got your letter with photos! Thanks for the memories. I will finally get my gift to you in the mail soon. I will fill you in later on the details why I have been MIA.

Kim