9.17.2009

The Hunger Games

I was on such a roll. I blogged on Monday and then on Tuesday. I thought maybe this week I'd do a full 5 days of blogging. And then it happened. After about 6 months on the requests list at my local library my name finally came up for The Hunger Games and all thoughts of blogging quickly went out the window.

This book has been popular for quite some time so I won't say too much about (as it wouldn't surprise me if most of you smarties have already read it). If you do want to read a fine review read Janssen's review
here. What I will say is that it is wonderfully written and very fast paced (I read it in a little over 1 day) and that the characters are beautifully developed. Easily a 5 (out of 5) star book for me.

I can hardly wait to read the second one--fortunately I suspected that I would enjoy The Hunger Games and have been on the request list for the sequel for a few months now and expect to get it in the next 2 weeks.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I liked the second book even better than the first. Happy reading!

Janssen said...

YAY! I'm so thrilled you liked it. And I agree with Amanda - book 2 is even better (not to, you know, give you unrealistically high expectations or anything).

Thanks for saying nice things about my review, too! I appreciate that, obviously!

susette said...

Okay girl, guess what???
I was actually just starting this book when you handed me The Chosen on Sunday. I was so torn as to what to do. I don't get much time for reading and since the book you handed me is on a deadline I set The Hunger aside :( But I will admit I am enjoying the book you gave me. I will get back to this shortly.

Unknown said...

I wasn't drawn to The Hunger Games. But maybe after so many glowing reviews, I'll give it a try.

FOODIE said...

BOTH my roommates own BOTH copies. I have yet to read it, (I know, shocking) but both highly suggest I read it. They loved it, and cannot wait another year for the third book.

I might be able to pull some strings with the gals, if you want to read it a little earlier than your waiting list allows!

Courtney said...

Foodie I'd be glad if you could pull some strings--but make getting a copy for me doesn't get in the way of you reading the books. I think you will really enjoy them.