9.10.2009

Numbers

I am very bad with remembering numbers (I'm bad with names as well but I'll leave that for another post). There are very few numbers that I can remember by heart.

These numbers include:

My home phone number.

My Mother's work phone number.

One of my sister's cell numbers (I have 4 sisters and can only remember 1 and it is not even that I call her the most it is just that her phone number follows a pattern that my fingers can make out and that somehow I have remembered)

My Social Security number.

And now this list also includes my library card number (a fourteen digit number!).

Some of the numbers that you may have noticed that I don't know:

My driver's license number.

Any of my pin numbers for my credit cards or check cards (I know the pattern not the number--when I go to Europe I manage to briefly memorize the numbers because their key pads are different than ours but then I step foot back in the states and promptly forget them)

Pretty much all phone numbers--I'm in trouble in an emergency.

I really don't know whether to be embarrassed or proud--I think I'll go with proud.

3 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I can never remember my license plate. Nor can I ever spell license correctly the first time.

Unknown said...

I was going to be all smug and tell you that I know my 19-digit library card number by heart, until I got to the part where you said you know yours.

Denise said...

I am always messing up on my social security number! I blame it on my job and having to see and use other people's numbers! Glad to know I am not the only one out there.