1.08.2008

Project Night

So my mother decided that she wanted some quality bonding time with us (her daughters) and called a project night for last night. The premise of a project night is that everyone brings a project to work on and then we sit around and chat while working. Well, my mom is finishing a quilt, my sister Stacy is starting a quilt, and my sister Janel is working on a rag rug that she designed herself--all very talented! That leaves just me. I didn't have a project. I would've had a project if I had practiced my crocheting, but I didn't and I have now forgotten everything I learned about crocheting a month ago. So instead I pulled out my knitting needles and started a new scarf. It has been awhile since I last knitted, but I have recently been re-inspired by this and this blog so I thought that a scarf would make a great project to reintroduce me to knitting. I've decided to do mini versions of this scarf for my nieces:


I will keep you posted on how well this particular project goes (I have 4 nieces--yikes). So anyway, we had fun and chatted a bit about politics, the how-young-can-you-date theory (Apparently you divide your age by 2 and then add 7 and that is the youngest-aged person you can date. This means that I can go as young as 23. It also means that I can go as old as 50 and still be within "his" age-appropriate dating range--which just doesn't seem quite right, but it does put me within Viggo's dating range.), and some other stuff that Janel doesn't want posted on the Internet. Next time, though, I think we need food--even if that does become problematic when we are "working" on projects. I am totally willing to sacrifice a few minutes of project time for food.

6 comments:

Denise said...

That sounds so fun. I am kinda glad I live in Oregon, I would be there holding the next piece of fabric/string for everyone!! I need a talent like those. I don't have enough patience!

Courtney said...

We'll have another project night when you are down here--and don't tell me that you don't have talent or patience. Just look at those activity books you made for the little ones.

Also, Jillian was there but wasn't working on a project and had to leave a bit early when Grace had a meltdown.

Nemesis said...

Sweet, this means I can date 21 year olds! Niiiiiice.

N.F. said...

Love the scarf. I would love it more in green. ;)

Courtney said...

Nemisis--yep, you can start looking at all those returning missionaries ;)

n.f.--I love green too (thanks for stopping by -- I checked out your site as well). I'm actually doing the scarves for my nieces in a nice hot pink.

Denise said...

I guess I can do some more activity pages for the craft night! I have talent; I can color, cut, paste and laminate :) I agree with you, I will want some goodies to munch on while doing my craft.