3.11.2008

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Whenever Oprah does her ‘Favorite Things’ show, I am always curious about the things she chooses and why. Tell me, if money were not an issue and you wanted to load up a basket of five of your most ‘Favorite Things’ and give it to your friends, what would you choose and why? It can be something simple, like the type of pen you use or something big like the type of car you drive. I will list my ‘Things’ and then I will tag a few of you to do the same thing. Here they are in no particular order...

1. A Sigg Bottle. I love, love, love mine. Plus I think we should all do a little bit to save the world. Just think of how many plastic water bottles would not be thrown away if we were all carrying these around instead.

2. An iPOD. I love my iPOD, but I am so jealous of the new, sleeker ones that are out now. I would pre-load them with a few Barry Manilow songs (especially Copacabana); a few Neil Diamond songs; everything by U2 and Barenaked Ladies; some K.T. Tunstall; the song "I Wish I Was a Punk Rocker by Sandi Thom; Bad Day by Daniel Powter; Everything by Pink Martini; the P.S. I Love You soundtrack; Donald Davis' Grand Canyon story; the finale of The Vicar of Dibley; and there is more but I don't have my iPOD with me to check.

3. Two Dozen Smart Cookies. Cause they are really so very good. And a cheeseburger combo with a mini cherry and chocolate chip shake from Iceberg. Can you tell that I have been trying to limit my intake of these foods--they're on the brain (and on the menu this week since my sis is coming into town and has yet to experience either).

4. An all expense-paid trip to London, Rome, and Amsterdam. Three of my favorite European cities that really should be on everyone's to-do list.

5. 5 Books (cause everyone should read--and love it). Let's see I'd pick: A Tale of Two Cities by Dickens; Persuasion by Austen; The Ladies Auxiliary by Mirvis; The Eyre Affair by Fforde; and Amazing Grace: William Wilberforce and the Heroic Campaign to End Slavery by Metaxas.

This was a fun one so I hope some of you will choose to do it, so tag you're it.

3 comments:

Jen said...

well I wish you were Oprah because I think I'd like all of your favorites! Never heard of smart cookie before and I'm dying to try them! Thanks a lot!

Courtney said...

Jen--Smart Cookies is supposed to be expanding so maybe one will eventually make it up your way.

The one thing I wish I could have put on my blog is the perfect pair of jeans but I don't know what they are.

Jen said...

have you ever tried Silver jeans? I found them at Maurice's and they're so comfy! They're not cheap, but I save up and only buy them now!