3.11.2008

Week of Gluttony

It begins. Have you ever noticed (or do you remember) how peanut butter bars made at a cafeteria are so much better than the ones you (or at least I) make at home? I don't really understand why, but it is absolutely true. It therefore has become my one cafeteria splurge. My local cafeteria, fortunately, is only serving peanut butter bars once this month and, sadly, it falls at the beginning at the beginning of what is sure to turn out to be a true week of gluttony (my sis is coming into town so all diet rules are off--except portion control!!! I hope, but I am a weak, weak person so I can't even promise you that). So here for your viewing pleasure is exhibit 1 of why I will not be losing any weight this week (and also why I don't even care, yum)



Did you notice the good portion control? I could have chosen a much larger one but I went with the more reasonable medium sized one. Also, please take note of the fat-free milk I had with it. Diet only partially broken (I think).

4 comments:

Natalie said...

thats funny the first thing I noticed was the fat free milk. And I'm right there with you for having a bad diet week. (And I don't even have an excuse!) We'll do better after this week! :)

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I only ate school lunch food on the sandwich day, and only because I helped scan cards and got a free lunch. But if those PB bars were on the menu, I made sure I was first in line ala carte. And sometimes I went back for seconds. I'm so craving chocolate right now. I think my period is starting this week.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

PS Your last two posts are awesome. So now I'm really thinking about the five things (I don't want to rush here) and the cell phone thing has me freaking out. I remember somebody telling me that the chandelier in the bride's room at the Bountiful Temple had to be replaced because it had so many crystals missing (stolen) out of the top of it.

The phone thing . . . I just got mine a couple of years ago. I try to never take it somewhere I would not have taken it before. (In the car excepted--it is nice to have the emergency thing covered.) People don't talk to each OTHER any more. Don't even get me started on the texting . . .

Cell phones don't belong at church, or turned off and put away until after the block. They don't belong on high schoolers at all (especially at school) unless your kid is on a date. The whole I need to get hold of my kid thing is ludicrous! The office knows where he is at any time of the day. Talk to your son/daughter BEFORE they go to school. Try REAL communication and planning ahead instead of just texting through the day. I promise, if junior takes a cell phone to school they are cheating on tests, not paying attention in class and over socializing.

Okay, I'm done.

Courtney said...

STM--I so hear you. And the chandelier thing just freaks me out!