3.21.2008

Week of Gluttony--Last Recap

Ok so I thought that I would do one last recap from last week's week of gluttony. This last recap is actually necessary as it is a review of the cutest little bakery I have ever been to. As those of you who know me well will know I love the Your Heart Out blog--practically live by it. I especially love it when they review a store or activity in the Orem/Provo area and have made several good discoveries as a result of their postings. So when they reviewed a new bakery in American Fork and declared their buttercream frosting the best in Utah I decided I had to go and try it out--not that I am any sort of an expert on buttercream frosting. The bakery is called Dippidee and Your Heart Out was absolutely right the sugar cookie was delicious and the buttercream frosting was fantastic. The cookie did cost me a whopping $1.99 so this is not the kind of a bakery you are going to run out and buy a dozen cookies from. That said the cookie was large and rather filling (and delicious) so I don't even begrudge them the $1.99 I spent on the cookie. I also tried a cupcake which I must say was of good size, texture, and moistness. The frosting on the cupcake, though, was a bit much but it was pretty.

See, Pretty! (and yummy)

Now on to the decor: so cute!!! Not much seating so I don't know what will happen once the place gets noticed, loved, and visited often, but for now it works and I would highly recommend planning to go in and take a seat. Once you have taken your seat (actually once you have walked into the shop) you will undoubtedly notice the cute bowls, plates, platters, etc. lining the shelves--they are for sale but I didn't trust myself to check out the prices. In addition to these cute offerings they have cakes on display--and their cakes are amazing--like breathtakingly amazing--like a good enough reason by itself to get married. See:

So to sum it up GO. Try a sugar cookie first. Then on future visits branch out a bit cause it all looked rather good.

Dippidee, LLC
476 North 900 West, Ste D
American Fork, UT 84003

(Across from Walmart and near Lehi's Main Street)

4 comments:

Jen said...

looks so fun! I'll have to take the kids there when we're down to see Grandma and Grandpa.

Natalie said...

Dippidee has always looked like a cute place, but I have never been in there. I will have to try a cookie! Their ads always look really cute. :)

Courtney said...

And when you guys hit the place you'll have to give us your review--especially if you try something other than the vanilla cupcake and the sugar cookie.

And Natalie if you knew about this place why didn't you ever tell me?

Denise said...

Yum, looks good. Maybe on my next visit.

So, you knew it was coming. You have a lovely picture on my blog at one of your best moments while I was in town. Hahaha, this is for the picture you posted of me!

Please everyone check out Courtney in a hairy situation :) Love ya Courtney, I really do!