5.09.2008

Food! Glorious Food!

This week I have busily (and happily) been trying out some new recipes that I have been discovering on various blogs and so far they have all worked out beautifully. Here is the rundown (sorry no pictures--I need a better camera and prettier plates):

1.
This Salmon dish via Martha Stewart but found over at Stephmodo. I tend to shy away from cooking fish--its so scary, with meat you can simply follow the pink=done rule, but with fish they tell you to cook it until it is flaky but how flaky is done and how long does that take?--but this one was so easy and cooked up so nice. Plus the mustard and panko acted as a sort of shield so that when I did over cook it just a bit it didn't dry out. Also, I am now a huge fan on panko.

2. This Broccoli Rigatoni from Emily Style. Again so easy and yummy. Plus it was great later in the week as a cold side salad.

3. This Cilantro Chimichurri from Nomad (Science Teacher Mommy) which is my new favorite and must now be made and put on every hamburger I make. As per other suggestions from STM I did burgers with roasted red peppers, Irish white cheddar cheese (she suggested Australian but I couldn't find any but the Irish was so go that I must now only have Irish white cheddar cheese on my cheeseburgers) and various other typical hamburger toppings. It was incredible. I kept looking at my hamburger while I was eating it thinking this tastes too good to be just a hamburger.

4. This found over at Rolling with Laughter one hasn't been made yet (it is tonight's recipe) but when small children make comments like: "Mom, these pancakes aren't good. They're delicious!" and "I don't like these pancakes. I LOVE them! I like them! I love them! I want some more of them!" you know they are going to be good. Plus, I love pancakes and I love sweet potatoes so really it is a match made in heaven.


I love finding so many great recipes on these blogs. It is great because you know if someone is taking the time to blog about them they are going to be good and because these women who are writing about them are busy women you know they aren't going to be too complicated. Sometimes when I watch the Food Channel or say Martha Stewart I feel like they should be scrolling "Do Not Try This at Home" across the bottom of the screen. Not here, though. This is good food that you can make up quickly and then get back to the business of living.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Yum-o! That all sounds delicious! I will for sure have to try a coupld of these out! And look at you go, cooking up a storm!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

We ate really good again this weekend. On new dishes. I'll post pictures later in the week. Glad you loved your burger.

PS My new "self" picture is called "Irish Girl Hiking." I thought you'd get a kick out of that.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

PS again--I left some other comments on older posts. I always feel like I'm in the middle of a conversation here.

Jen said...

Looks yummy! I love Salmon! I'm going to try that one out! And I love hamburgers of all sorts! I'll have to give you my fav recipe for Salmon. It has pesto sauce and is so good!

Courtney said...

Natalie--and my kitchen did look like a storm hit it.

STM--Love your hiking Irish girl, looking forward to some new recipes, and I think I found all your comments on past posts--I do try to go back and look at the recent posts to see if anyone has added a new comment but thanks for the heads up.

Jen--I want your Salmon recipe.