5.26.2008

Iron Man


I saw Iron Man over the weekend and loved it. Initially I hadn't planned on seeing it--I mean really when I heard he:

was to be the lead role in a super hero movie I though "I'll pass." But then hearing from several female sources that he did a great job and the movie was good I thought I would give it a try and I would agree with these women he did do a great job and the movie was rather nice. (Okay so by nice I mean that he was actually pretty sexy in it--and funny too.) Now the role of Pepper Potts I could have strangled--I mean it was a bit annoying to watch a woman billed as the most capable of women turn into a blubbering fool channeling her inner Hugh Grant whenever emotions and danger come into the picture. But all in all I enjoyed it and would recommend it for a bit of weekend fun.

6 comments:

Jen said...

I've heard that was a good movie, but haven't seen it yet. And I tried the Brie and honey panini yesterday! It was surprisingly very good. I was a little skeptical of honey with cheese, but I loved it. I'll have to try some other cheeses too one of these days. Maybe the kids can have American or something and I can try the multi million dollar cheeses!

Denise said...

I might have to go see it! I would never have wanted to before your review!

Janel said...

I'm gald you like it. I am going to try to go see it.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I don't think you'd feel too tough if they poured you into that skirt either. :) Or those shoes, for that matter.

I agree the whole "Tony! Tony!" thing at the end was a bit much. Still, she stayed aloof at the end when he was trying to work the whole, "I'm-a-superhero-so-you- must-love-me" angle with her. I do think, however, that the non-action scenes when they were just together played really well--the timing of their lines was so exquisite as to sound like real conversation between two people trying desperately not admit any real feeling. And I really loved GP's freckles.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

PS That picture of RDJ is horrific. He looks like a serial murderer.

goddessdivine said...

I saw it a few weeks ago and actually enjoyed it myself. I had written it off at first, for your reason as well as the previews made it look stupid. But then I went with a group of people, and I was pleasantly surprised.

I kinda liked Paltrow's character. She did have some great lines.