My mother's side of the family is hosting a family reunion this year up at the Church's fancy new girl's camp in the Heber area. We will be "camping" (with roofs, and beds, and running water, and kitchens--my kind of camp) for two days but there has been a little discussion about getting everyone together for a third day possibly at Lagoon or at a local park. The thing is, though, that my Aunt Vicki who is putting this all together isn't getting much of a response on what to do. Since some of my family reads my blog and the rest of you belong to families who have possibly done family reunions before I thought I would pose to you the question "What should we do on that third day (which will numerically actually be the first day--a Thursday)?"
I was thinking that with the Olympics coming up this year it might be fun to do an Olympic themed day where were broken up into teams (not by family) and competed in "Fun" activities. Here are a few activities I have thought of so far:
1. 3-legged race (for the kids)
2. Pie eating contest--fastest not most (we could use Hostess fruit pies to allow lots of participation and save on cost)
3. Sudoku contest
5. Sketch Grandma and Grandpa contest (for the kids)
6. Danish speaking contest
7. Water-balloon Volleyball competition
8. A Decathlon Relay (Something that would require everyone on each team to participate)
9. Bocce Ball competition
10. Name that Tune or Singing Bee
What are your ideas? Remember for those of you who will be there, if you don't speak up then it will be your own fault if something you like isn't planned.