4.21.2008

Springville Art Museum

I went down to the Springville Art Museum on Friday (as part of my day-off activities) and had an absolutely fabulous time. I really don't know why I don't get out to my local museums more often because I really do love Museums and the local ones are free! Going on right now at the Springville Art Museum is the Wayne Thiebaud: 70 Years of Painting exhibition and it is a real treat. I love his use of colors and textures and the everyday things he paints into art. It really is a must see if you are in the area (plus the museum itself it gorgeous). The exhibition will be on until 27 July so make your plans now--you might even consider inviting me because I'd go again!

(image via http://smofa.org/)

Really, you need to go see it because the above image just doesn't do the work justice.

2 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Yankee Girl, you are just so cool. I like to think I'd be as well-rounded as you are if family life hadn't bogged me down.

Wait, it lifts me up in other ways too. I'm not complaining, I think most of us prefer our own set of blessings and difficulties to somebody else's, but I just think you have got a lot of things figured out.

Courtney said...

STM--You have made my day. I think we all think everyone else has things figured out better than we do (I know I feel that way when I read your blog and so many other blogs written by some amazing women) so it is nice to hear that someone thinks that I am on track. It has taken a long time to get here and mentally I sometimes am not really ok with where here is but recently I'm finding new peace and happiness. Thanks!